Telemetry Source indicates the source in which vehicle telemetry data is being captured and transmitted to Dealerware.
Review the Telemetry Source column in Dealerware Web: Vehicles to determine if data is being derived from a Connected Car Device (hardware) or Native Telematics, or if the vehicle is disconnected from a telemetry source.
Dealers who wish to transition from Connected Car Devices to Native Telematics can use this data to determine which vehicles within their fleets are currently outfitted with Connected Car Devices.
Filter by Telemetry Source
Filter by Telemetry Source to view vehicles that are connected to a CCD (connected car device) native telematics, or multiple telemetry sources (CCD & native).
Filter by telemetry source by following the steps below:
- Select the Telemetry Souce filter
- Select the applicable source
- View the updated Vehicles table
*Note that the ability to filter by telemetry source is only available to locations where vehicles are enabled with multiple telemetry sources. Locations where vehicles are enabled only with CCD telemetry will not have the ability to filter by telemetry status.
Terms and Definitions
The following terms appear in the Dealerware Web: Vehicles table, within the Telemetry Source column.
- CCD: A Connected Car Device is installed in the vehicle and is transmitting data to Dealerware.
- Native: Native Telematics is enabled for the vehicle and is transmitting data to Dealerware.
- Multiple: The vehicle is connected to both Native Telematics and a Connected Car Device.
- Disconnected: The vehicle is not currently connected to a telemetry source (Native or Connected Car Device).