Dealerware can be used to generate invoices when a bill is being paid in part, or in full, by someone other than a dealership customer. A dealership can choose to create a Warranty Invoice or split the bill based on its needs.
Warranty Invoices are used to assign an OEM or third-party warranty company as the payer for total or partial rental charges (Daily Rate).
Warranty Invoices include the following details (which appear on the invoice PDF):
- Dealership details: Address and phone number
- Contract details: Customer information, Service Vehicle ID, Contract ID, Service Repair Order, Contract Duration
- Vehicle details: VIN, License Plate, Stock Number
The following details must be entered when creating a Warranty Invoice (which appear on the invoice PDF):
- Warranty Authorization Number
- Daily Rate
- Warranty Days
- Taxable Rate
Split Billing lets you assign a third party (excluding OEMs) as an Additional Payer for partial rental charges (Daily Rates).
The Additional Payer may include but is not limited to the following:
- Dealership Sales Dept.
- Dealership Parts Dept.
- Third-Party Insurance Co.
A Split Bill includes the following details (which appear on the invoice PDF):
- Invoice Details: Invoice number and date invoice was generated
- Contract Details: Contract ID, customer name, service vehicle information, contract duration
- Dealership Details: Dealership name and address
A Split Bill requires the following Additional Payer details (which appear on the invoice PDF):
- Payer Name (individual or business name)
The following fields are optional (and appear on the invoice PDF):
- Reference Note
- Attention To (individual person's name)
- Payer’s Address
- Payer’s Phone Number
- Payer’s Email Address