Delete a Customer Profile
Using Dealerware Web, you can permanently delete a customer profile at the customer's request or when duplicate profiles exist.
If active contracts exist (active contract statuses include: Booked, Pending, and Started), you will be unable to delete the customer profile. First, complete or cancel any active contracts.
Follow the steps below to delete a customer profile.
- Select Customers from the main menu
- Search and select the applicable customer profile
- In Customer Details: Overview Account scroll to the bottom of the page
and select Delete Customer
Implications of Deleting a Customer Profile:
- Dealerware will alert you when attempting to delete a customer profile associated with an unsettled balance.
- You should first charge the balance before deleting the profile. You will be unable to charge the balance after you delete the profile.
- After profile deletion, unsettled balances will be accessible in Dealerware via Contract Details > Billing, but they cannot be charged.
Dealerware Artifacts and Reporting
- Customer information will be anonymized and appear as "Deleted Customer" throughout the Dealerware platform and all affiliated artifacts (contracts, customer agreements, receipts, reports, etc.).
- To request a copy of a Customer Agreement that's affiliated with a deleted customer profile, contact Dealerware Support.