If you currently use Dealerware Connected Car Devices, you have the option to purchase and install extenders which will help prevent removal and loss of your Connected Car Devices.
Purchase the extension cables for the OBDII port, but you can purchase some here. We have received positive feedback from other dealerships on these cables, so they will do the trick.
You can install the extenders as needed. Below are our recommended installation steps.
Recommendation installation steps:
1. Access the driver side fuse compartment by removing fuse cover
2. Funnel the extension cord to the fuse compartment
3. Attach CCD to the inside part of the fuse cover
4. Zip tie any extension cord slack within the compartment to prevent the cord from being exposed or loosened.
5. Tape the exposed wiring next to the ODBII port to further secure the extension cord.
Items needed: Panel remover, adhesive backed velcro strips and highly adhesive tape.