The following explains the process for a toll incurred by a customer while in a loaner vehicle.
- Customer A starts a loaner contract on July 29th.
- Customer A goes through a toll on July 30th. That toll is reported to Dealerware on August 8th.
- Customer A returns their loaner vehicle and finishes their loaner contract on August 18th.
- Dealerware waits 10 days to see if any other tolls are reported to Dealerware.
- Dealerware automatically charges Customer A for the toll on August 28th.
- The transaction is successful and the money is disbursed to Dealerware on September 2nd.
Date defintions & locations:
- July 29th- Contract Start Date; located in the Contracts & Transactions report
- July 30th -Toll Tolled At date; located in the Tolls Report
- August 8th- Toll Reported At date; located in the Tolls Report
- August 18th- Contract Finish Date; located in the Contracts & Transactions report
- August 28th- Transaction Date; located in the Transaction report
- September 2nd- Disbursement Date, located in the Transactions report
In this scenario the toll will be invoiced to the dealership in the month of August (August 8th reporting at date); The toll reimbursement will included in the September reimbursement check (September 2nd disbursement date).