In order to make the customer experience great, we recommend you educate your customers on the following toll processes at contract start.
- All tolls incurred during the loaner contract will be charged to the provided credit card 10 days after the courtesy vehicle is returned.
- The customer will be charged the cash rate for any toll incurred.
- If a credit card is declined, the dealership will contact the customer for additional payment information.
- The customer will not receive an updated SMS receipt when charged for tolls. However, a receipt with detailed toll charges is available to them.*
- The customer should not use their own toll tag/pass in a vehicle registered with Dealerware Toll Management.
We also recommend updating the contract summary language in My.Dealerware.com to set the right customer toll expectation. (Admin access required)
- Log in to My.Dealerware.com
- Navigate to Settings
- Select Loaner Agreement Summary
- Add/edit the following statement:
I understand this vehicle is equipped with an automatic toll payment system. I will be charged the cash rate for any tolls incurred. Charges may take up to 10 days to be received.
- Paste the statement into the text box at the top and click the “+” button to add a toll statement to your contract.
- You will see the new toggle appear at the bottom.
*An updated receipt will be available in My.Dealerware.com 10 days after the loaner contract is finished. We recommend you access the receipt in My.Dealerware.com if a customer requests detailed toll charges.