If your dealership incurs a chargeback, it will be itemized on your monthly reimbursement report. The following will occur:
- The transaction will appear as settled on the Transaction Report in Dealerware Web but entered into a Disputed status within the merchant account.
- Dealerware will provide documentation to the merchant to substantiate the transaction.
- The transaction amount will be debited from the dealership's reimbursement check until the outcome of the chargeback dispute is final. Ex:
- Dealership is expected to receive $1,500 in reimbursements, due to a chargeback of $1,600, the dealership is now negative $100.00
- If the dealership does not exceed $100.00 in reimbursements the following month, they will not receive a reimbursement check
- Your dealership will incur a $15 fee issued by the merchant regardless of the dispute outcome (won or lost).
Chargeback statuses include:
- Disputed: Evidence has been submitted against the claim; Dealerware is waiting for the decision from the bank - 2-8 weeks.
- Open: The chargeback, retrieval, or pre-arbitration has been issued and no action has been taken yet.
- Won: The bank has ruled in the dealership's favor, and the funds will return to the Dealerware bank account within 2-3 business days. Funds will then be reimbursed to the dealership in the following reimbursement cycle.
- Lost: The bank has not ruled in Dealerware's favor, and the funds will remain with the cardholder and not be reimbursed to the dealership.
Note: If you would like an update on chargeback status, please refer to your reimbursement report or submit a request to Dealerware Support.