Chargebacks are explained here. If your dealership incurs a chargeback, it will be itemized on your monthly reimbursement report. The following will occur:
- The transaction will appear as settled on the Transaction report in My.Dealerware.com but entered into a Disputed status within the merchant account.
- Dealerware will provide documentation to the merchant to substantiate the transaction.
- The transaction amount will be debited from the dealership's reimbursement check until the outcome of the chargeback dispute is final. Ex:
- Dealership is expected to receive $1,500 in reimbursements, due to a chargeback of $1,600, the dealership is now negative $100.00
- If the dealership does not exceed $100.00 in reimbursements the following month, they will not receive a reimbursement check
- Your dealership will incur a $15 fee issued by the merchant regardless of the dispute outcome (won or lost).
Chargeback statues include:
- Disputed: Evidence has been submitted against the claim; Dealerware is waiting for the decision from the bank - 2-8 weeks.
- Open: The chargeback, retrieval, or pre-arbitration has been issued and no action has been taken yet.
- Won: The bank has ruled in the dealership's favor, and the funds will return to the Dealerware bank account within 2-3 business days. Funds will then be reimbursed to the dealership in the following reimbursement cycle.
- Lost: The bank has not ruled in Dealerware's favor, and the funds will remain with the cardholder and not be reimbursed to the dealership. In this case, dealerships are encouraged to take these steps.
Note: If you would like an update on chargeback status, please refer to your reimbursement report or complete this support request form.