Once a contract has been finished, you can refund a customer for any charges in Dealerware Web on the contract’s invoice. Only employees with accounting permissions can refund customers, add charges, and settle balances.
To locate an invoice:
- Search for the customer in Dealerware Web
- Click on the Contracts tab
- Click on the Contract you need to refund
- Click on Pricing
To edit an invoice:
- Click the Pencil Icon next to the charge you need to refund
- Click the X to completely remove the charge, or click + Credit to add a partial credit to a charge
- Click Update Invoice. An updated invoice with a negative balance will be generated
To refund the customer:
- Click the green Credit button in the top right corner to refund the customer
For more detailed instructions about how to charge or refund a customer watch the video below.