Viewing and Managing Unsettled Balances
How Does an Unsettled Balance Occur?
- A contract was finished in Dealerware Mobile and the user selected Charge Later to temporarily waive the transaction.
- A contract was finished in Dealerware Web but the associated balance was never charged.
- A customer's credit card declined when attempting to process the balance in Dealerware Web or Mobile.
- An invoice was modified in Dealerware Web but was never settled.
Where Can I View a List of Unsettled Balances?
- Login to my.Dealerware.com
- Select Customers from the main menu
- In Customers, select the Balances filter
- Filter by Unsettled
How Do I Charge an Individual Unsettled Balance?
- In Customers, navigate to the Balance Due column
- Select the dollar amount hyperlink associated with the unsettled balance
- Once redirected to Customers: Contracts, select the applicable unsettled balance
- In Customer Details: Overview, select the Billing tab
- In Customer Details Billing, select Charge from the Payment Information section to process the total balance, or modify the balance by selecting Add Charge or Credit from the Invoice section
- After modifying the balance, navigate to the Payment Information section and select Charge
We recommend that your dealership reviews and settles all unsettled balances on a daily basis. Watch the video below to view the complete workflow: