If there is an issue with an entry during bulk upload, Dealerware Setup will create a list of "Vehicles with Errors" for you to review.
The entries in this section will not be added to Dealerware until the error is resolved.
There are two types of errors that can occur when uploading vehicles into Dealerware:
- VIN errors
- Non-VIN errors
Depending on the type of error, the steps to resolve will be different.*
A VIN error occurs when the VIN is unable to be recognized by Dealerware, typically due to the number being incorrect. This completely prevents entry, since the VIN provides the year, make, and model.
- Obtain the correct VIN for the vehicle
- Individually add the vehicle in the section above “Vehicles with Errors”
- Once successfully added, delete the entry from “Vehicles with Errors” list
A non-VIN error occurs when either the Stock Number, License Plate, or State was invalid or missing. Since the VIN is valid, the entry just needs to be edited to add the required information.
- Click the blue “Pencil” icon
- Correct the error by adding or editing information
- Press save
The entry will be moved from “Vehicles with Errors” and into your fleet
*An entry may have multiple errors. If the error message has a "+" and a number, you will need to hover over the message to see a list of all errors.