Yes- Dealerware is most frequently used to digitally contract customers needing a courtesy vehicle. However, dealerships can leverage Dealerware’s contracting abilities and pricing engine to apply daily rates or other rental fees to a customer’s contract to create a rental experience.
If you would like to use Dealerware to facilitate a rental transaction, we recommend the following:
- Customer Agreement: Dealerware Admin must confirm the customer agreement uploaded to Dealerware meets your dealership requirements for a rental contract.
- Customer Agreement Toggles: Dealerware Admin must confirm or edit the customer agreement toggles to ensure they align with your rental policies. We reccomend updating your Customer Agreement Toggles with the following language:
1. I understand [Dealership's] credit card processor may authorize my card on file for the estimated length of my loan/rental. The daily rate is currently set at $x/day. The actual/final charge will depend on the actual length of loan/rental.
- Creating the Rental Contract: Once the customer agreement toggles are confirmed, create the customer profile and start the contract
- Customer Charges: There are two options to charge for the rental cost:
1. Calculate the charges you wish to apply per each rental. After the contract is finished, apply and process an additional charge in Dealerware Web.
2. Use the daily rate feature to automatically charge customers for use of the vehicle. Please note that this will apply to all curtesy vehicles that a contract is started on.