Yes- Dealerware is most frequently used to digitally contract customers needing a courtesy vehicle. However, dealerships can leverage Dealerware’s contracting abilities and pricing engine to apply daily rates or other rental fees to a customer’s contract to create a rental experience.
If you would like to use Dealerware to facilitate a rental transaction, we recommend the following:
- Customer Agreement: Dealerware Admin must confirm the customer agreement uploaded to Dealerware meets your dealership requirements for a rental contract.
- Agreement Summary Toggles: Dealerware Admin must confirm or edit the Agreement Summary Toggles to ensure they align with your rental policies. We recommend updating your Agreement Summary Toggles with the following language:
1. I understand [Dealership's] credit card processor may authorize my card on file for the estimated length of my loan/rental. The daily rate is currently set at $x/day. The actual/final charge will depend on the actual length of loan/rental.
- Creating the Rental Contract: Once the Agreement Summary Toggles are confirmed, create the customer profile and start the contract
- Customer Charges: There are two options to charge for the rental cost:
1. Calculate the charges you wish to apply per each rental. After the contract is finished, apply and process an additional charge in Dealerware Web.