Once a contract has been finished, you can settle unsettled balances and charge for any additional fees in Dealerware Web on the contract’s invoice. Only employees with accounting permissions can refund customers, add charges, and settle balances in Dealerware Web.
To locate an invoice:
- Search for the customer in Dealerware Web.
- Select the Contracts tab.
- Select the Contract you need to charge.
- Select the Billing tab.
To edit an invoice:
- Review any Unsettled Balances.
- Select + Add Charge or Credit.
- Select Adjustment Type and choose Charge.
- Select Category. Choose to add to an existing line item or to add a new line item.
- Enter a Description. Please note the description will appear on the customer’s receipt.
- Enter the dollar amount to charge the customer.
- Select Add.
- Select Confirm.
To charge the customer:
- Change the payment method for the contract if needed.
- Select the Charge button to charge the customer.