Update the rates your dealership charges customers in the Vehicle Groups section of Dealerware Web. Each vehicle group will have unique cost recovery settings that will only be applied to vehicles within that specific Vehicle Group.
Dealerware automates cost recovery based on these settings that are fully customizable by employees with admin permissions.
To update the Customer Expenses:
Dealerships can customize the cost recovery settings per Vehicle Group.
- Login to my.dealerware.com
- Select Settings > Vehicle Groups in the main menu
- Select the pencil icon next to the relevant Vehicle Group
- Select and update the relevant Cost Recovery Setting, including taxability
- Select Save
Sections that can be updated in Cost Recovery Settings:
- Collect Customer Credit Card Information—when enabled customers are required to provide credit card information before starting a contract on vehicles in this group. This must be enabled to charge customers for fuel, daily rates, tolls, and other expenses.
- Vehicle Daily Rate—a daily rate charged to customers for use of the vehicle
- Fuel Charge—price per gallon of fuel charged to customers
- Fuel Charge Allowance—a threshold that if customers use less than this dollar amount in fuel, they are not charged at all.
- Fuel Convenience Fee—flat fee applied if the customer returns the vehicle with less gas than they started out with. This is a one time per contract applicable fee, whether they used one gallon or the whole tank.
- Charge Customers for Excess Mileage—average daily mileage allowance. Set the amount to charge per mile when the limit is exceeded.
- Sales Tax—set the sales tax for your dealership. Taxability can be enabled or disabled per charge type.