Update the rates your dealership charges customers in the Customer Expenses section in Dealerware Web.
Dealerware automates cost recovery based on these settings that are fully customizable by employees with admin permissions. Customer expenses can include sales tax, fuel, fuel convenience fee, or a daily rate.
To update the Customer Expenses:
- Login to my.dealerware.com
- Click Settings > Customer Expenses on the main menu
- Update the relevant section
- Click Save
Sections that can be updated:
- Sales Tax- set the sales tax for your dealership. Taxability can be enabled or disabled per charge type
- Fuel Charge- price per gallon of fuel charged to customers
- Fuel Convenience Fee- This is a flat fee applied if the customer returns the vehicle with less gas than they started out with. This is a one time per contract applicable fee, whether they used one gallon or the whole tank
- Loaner Vehicle Daily Rate- a daily rate charged to customers for use of the vehicle