The Availability Report displays the minimum number of vehicles available daily for each Vehicle Group within a 35-day period to help prevent overbooking.
The report displays the following information:
- Net Vehicles Available
- Vehicles Reserved
- Fleet Size
- Percent Available
*Factors that impact availability include vehicle status, vehicle drop-off time, and reservation and contract status.
For the Availability report to display the most impactful data, you will need to:
- Book a reservation in advance using Dealerware Web or Mobile
- Set an accurate Scheduled Dropoff Date when starting a contract.
- Use Dealerware Web to modify the Scheduled Dropoff Date when vehicle returns are delayed.
Definitions & Calculations
- Net Vehicles Available: Number of vehicles available for new bookings.
- Fleet Size: Number of active vehicles (calculates all vehicles that are not in the following statuses: Disposed, Hard Hold, Shuttle, Maintenance).
- Percent Available: Percentage of vehicles available based on fleet size.
- Vehicles Reserved: Number of vehicles reserved for a given day, including vehicles linked to booked reservations and started contracts. The availability engine will maximize vehicles by reusing them within the same day if possible, based on the scheduled pickup & dropoff times of booked reservations and started contracts.
- If a started contract’s scheduled drop-off time is 10:00 AM and there’s a booked reservation with a scheduled pickup time of 1:00 PM, one vehicle is required. However, if the booked reservation had a scheduled pickup time of 8:00 AM, two vehicles would be required.
- [Started contract w/ scheduled drop-off: 10:00 AM] + [Booked reservation w/ scheduled pickup: 1:00 PM] = 1 vehicle reserved.
- [Started contract w/ scheduled dro-poff: 10:00 AM] + [Booked reservation w/ scheduled pickup: 8:00 AM] = 2 vehicles reserved.