You can use Dealerware Web to split a bill and allot rental charges (Daily Rates) to the following payer types:
- Customer: The customer associated with the contract
- Additional Payer: A third-party payer who is responsible for partial payment
First, add an Additional Payer, then split the bill. To split the bill, the associated contract must be in a finished status.
Add an Additional Payer
Before you can split rental charges (Daily Rates) on an invoice, you must first add an Additional Payer whose responsible for full or partial payment. To do so, follow the steps below:
- Select Customers from the main menu
- Locate the customer whose bill you wish to split
- In Customer Details, select the Contracts tab
- Locate the applicable contract and select the balance
from the Balance column
- In Billing: Payment Information, observe the contract balance
- Select Split this Bill
- In Add Billing Information, add the Additional Payer's details (Payer Name, etc)
- Select Add Payer
Split the Bill
After adding an Additional Payer, you can split the bill and allot partial or full rental charges to the Additional Payer.
- In Billing: Payment Information, select Edit Amount Due
- Enter the dollar amount you wish to charge the Additional Payer
- Toggle Include Tax on or off
- Select Update Amount
- Observe that the Additional Payer now has a balance due, and the customer’s
balance has been reduced.
- Select Charge to charge the customer the updated balance
Download the Updated Invoice
- After allotting payment to an Additional Payer, select Download Invoice
- Open the invoice and print or email it as needed
Collect Payment on the Additional Payer Balance
Now that you have allotted funds to an Additional Payer (third party) in Dealerware, you can download the invoice and submit it to the third party to collect payment. After submitting the documentation and/or collecting payment outside of Dealerware, you can mark the balance as paid in Dealerware.
- In Billing: Payment Information, toggle Mark as Paid on to remove the balance from the invoice and mark it as paid
- Observe that the Additional Payer's amount due appears as $0.00