Rental charges, also known as a Daily Rate, can be split between the customer and an additional payer. It is best practice to only split a bill on finished contracts in order to split the total Daily Rate between the customer and the additional payer.
Prior to splitting rental charges on an invoice, add an additional payer who will be responsible for some of the charge.
To add an additional payer:
- Select the relevant bill
- Select Split This Bill
- Add the additional payers billing information
- Payer Name: Business/ Insurance name if applicable
- Attention To: Individual person’s name
- Select Add Payer
To split a bill:
Note that only bills with a balance in Total Rental Charges are able to be split between the customer and the additional payer.
- Select Edit Amount Due
- Enter the dollar amount that will be charged to the additional payer
- Toggle Include Tax on or off as desired*
- Select Update Amount
The additional payer now has a balance due, and the customer’s balance due has been reduced. Select Charge to charge the customer the updated balance.
To download the updated bill:
- Select Download Invoice
- Open the invoice to print or email as necessary
*When toggled on, the applicable taxes will be added to the split amount. When toggled off, no taxes will be added to the split amount.