You can view the status of a customer's payment on a per-contract basis in Contract Details: Billing: Payment History. The customer's Payment History will display the following statuses:
- Completed: Payment was successful.
- Pending: Payment is still being processed.
- Failed: Payment was unable to be processed.
- Hold Authorized: A Credit Card Hold has been placed on the customer’s payment method for the indicated amount. The customer's credit card has not yet been charged.
- Hold Expired: Payment methods have varying pre-authorization time limits. Dealerships may still charge the customer for expired pre-authorized amounts.
- VISA and AMEX authorizations expire after 7 days.
- Mastercard, Discover, Diners Club, and JCB authorizations expire after 30 days.
To view the Customer Payment History:
- Search and select the relevant contract
- Select Billing