Directly access vehicle telematics data and capture precise GPS location, fuel level, and mileage without the use of wireless devices.
Set up Vehicle Telematics
1. Provide Consent
- Contact your Dealerware representative to enroll in direct telematics.
- Your Dealerware Representative will work with you to obtain consent for vehicle telematics data use.
2. Create a Ford Fleet Marketplace Account
- Once Dealerware obtains consent, Motorq will work with Ford to create a Ford Fleet Marketplace (FFM) account (if one does not already exist) for your dealership within 2–3 business days.
- The contact listed on the Telematics Consent Form will receive an email invitation from Ford Pro to initiate account setup.
- After receiving the invitation, the contact should set up their FFM account, add new users to the portal (see Step 3), and upload and issue consent on VINs (see Step 4).
- If the dealership has a pre-existing FFM account and the Admin of the account does not plan to add/consent VINs, the Admin will need to invite the intended user to the portal (see Step 3.).
3. Add New Users to Ford Fleet Marketplace (optional)
- Select Users from the left navigation menu.
- Select Add New Users.
- In Basic Information, add First Name, Last Name, and Email.
- In Tool Access and Permission Settings, check all boxes that apply.
- Select the Add & Send Email Invite to User(s) button once it becomes active.
- The invited user will receive an email from the Ford Pro to initiate account setup.
4. Upload VINs to Ford Fleet Marketplace
- After account setup, log in to the Ford Fleet Marketplace.
- Select Vehicles from the main navigation.
- Determine whether vehicles are present by selecting My Fleet.
- If vehicles are present in My Fleet, proceed to Step 5.
- If vehicles are not present in My Fleet, select Add Vehicles (top-right of the page).
- Select Bulk Upload to add multiple vehicles or Single Vehicle to add a single vehicle.
- Check the box for Terms and Conditions.
- Select Add Vehicle(s).
- If VINs were purchased without a Fleet ID #, they would appear in the Unverified section after being uploaded in the FFM (see Step 5.).
5. Consent VINs to Motorq in Ford Fleet Marketplace
- While logged into the FFM, select Vehicles.
- Locate consent settings in either My Fleet or Service Providers (contact Ford if consent options are not present: see Notes for details).
- Select the checkbox at the top-left of the table to select all vehicles.
- Select Bulk Action > Add Consent > Provider, then select Motorq Inc. > Add Consent.
- Once consent is approved (almost immediately), “Motorq” will appear in the Consent Status column for each VIN.
- After approval, notify your Dealerware Representative that the consent process is complete.
- Your Dealerware Representative will enable telematics for your Dealerware location and complete the enrollment process.
- Select Auto-Content Settings, then assign the Service Provider to enable auto-consent for newly uploaded VINs.
- In cases where VINs exist in the “Unverified” section, use the Contact FCS link to contact Ford Pro, provide proof of ownership, and request that VINs are transferred to the My Fleet section.
- In cases where you do not see the consenting options in the My Fleet or the Service Providers tabs, contact Ford Pro (email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org) to request the ability to consent VINs to a third-party service provider.
- You may also submit requests to Ford Pro by phone: 833-327-3673.
6. Utilize Telematics in Dealerware
- After your Dealerware Representative enables telematics and completes the enrollment, VINs will appear as “Connected” on the Dealerware Dashboard Fleet Map and in Vehicles.
- Fuel and mileage values will auto-populate during the Start & Finish Contract workflows and GPS tracking will be available.
Vehicles must be in use for telematics to connect for the first time.