The following explains the process for a toll incurred by a customer while in a vehicle under contract.
- Customer A starts a contract on July 29th
- Customer A goes through a toll on July 30th. That toll is reported to Dealerware on August 8th
- Customer A returns their curtesy vehicle and finishes their contract on August 18th
- Dealerware waits 10 days to see if any other tolls are reported to Dealerware
- Dealerware automatically charges Customer A for the toll on August 28th
- The transaction is successful and the money is disbursed to Dealerware on September 2nd
Date definitions & locations:
- July 29th- Contract Start Date; located in the Contracts & Transactions report
- July 30th-Tolled At date; located in the Tolls report
- August 8th- Toll Reported At date; located in the Tolls report
- August 18th- Contract Finish Date; located in the Contracts & Transactions report
- August 28th- Transaction Date; located in the Transaction report
- September 2nd- Disbursement Date, located in the Transactions report
In this scenario, the toll will be invoiced to the dealership in the month of August (August 8th reporting at date). The toll reimbursement will be included in the October reimbursement check (September 2nd disbursement date).