A daily rate is a fee charged to a driver for the use of a vehicle. The total cost is based on the actual pickup and actual dropoff days, which can be found in the contract details for each contract.
To configure a daily rate:
- Login to Dealerware Web (ensure you have the admin permission)
- Navigate to Programs
- Select the Program(s) that you would like to apply a daily rate to
- Scroll to the “Daily Rate” section
- Select either a standard daily rate or rates by model and enter your preferred rate
- Select Save
- Select Done at the bottom of the page
To charge a customer a daily rate:
- Assign the desired vehicles to the Program with a daily rate
- Select the Program with a daily rate when starting a contract
- Select “Charge Now” at contract finish to charge the customer the daily rate
A single Daily Rate is applied to the customer’s balance upon contract start. 24.5 hours after contract- start, an additional Daily Rate is incurred, and so on. Dealerware does not prorate or charge partial days. Example:
- Contract Length: 1 Hour = 1 Daily Rate charge
- Contract Length: 24 Hours = 1 Daily Rate charge
- Contract Length 25 Hours= 2 Daily Rate charges
- Contract Length 48 hours = 2 Daily Rate charges
When are Daily Rates charged?
Daily Rates are charged once a contract is finished using Dealerware Web or Mobile. If you have enabled a Daily Rate, it’s best practice to highlight such in your location’s Agreement Terms.