Once a contract has been finished, you can refund a customer for any charges in Dealerware Web on the contract’s invoice. Only employees with accounting permissions can refund customers, add charges, and settle balances.
To locate an invoice:
- Search for the customer in Dealerware Web
- Select the Contracts tab
- Select the Contract you need to refund
- Select Billing
To edit an invoice:
- Select + Add Charge or Credit
- Select Adjustment Type and choose Credit
- Select Category. Choose the category that has the charge you would like to edit
- Note that credits can only be applied to existing charges
- Enter a Description. The description will appear on the customer’s receipt.
- Enter the dollar amount to credit the customer. This can either be a partial or full credit.
- The credit cannot exceed the charged amount.
- Select Add
To refund the customer:
- Select the Credit to refund the customer