If a charge is unsuccessful, a decline message will populate when attempting to process a charge.
For declined payments, we ask that you reach out to your Customer to have their bank approve a charge, or to provide another credit card. If another form of payment is collected, you can add it to the customer's profile in Dealerware Web. Follow the steps:
- Select the Customers tab from the side menu
- Locate the Customer Profile
- Under the Customer Details page select the Payment Method tab
- + Add New Card
To charge the customer in Dealerware Web once a new credit card has been added to their profile, follow the steps:
- Under the Customer Details page select the Contracts tab
- Locate the appropriate contract
- Click the Balance link
- Select the Pencil icon at the top of the Invoice to select the appropriate card
- After selecting the new credit card, click the blue Charge button at the top right of the page to process the charge
Please note that an unsettled balance will be created for all declined transactions. For a full list of unsettled balances, refer to the Customers page in Dealerware Web, and click the unsettled balances toggle.