How it Works
- The dealership staff creates a Customer Profile in Dealerware manually, entering the customer's name and phone number, or uses the Mobile Check-in feature.
- The dealership staff creates a reservation in Dealerware, which triggers the delivery of an Axle generated text message to the customer.
- The customer receives the Axle generated text message and inputs their insurance details via the Axle workflow.
- The customer's insurance details, including carrier, policy #, and expiration, along with an image of the policy is added to the customer's Details page in Dealerware.
- Notes that indicate that the Axle process was initiated and completed are automatically added to the Notes section of the customer's Details page.
Notes & Best Practices
Axle and Insurance Policies
- If a policy is inactive or expired, the policy details will not be added to Dealerware and the customer's profile will remain incomplete. Therefore, it's best practice to proactively verify that the insurance was successfully captured and the profile is complete, as you will not receive a notification from Dealerware or Axle.
- If a policy is active but the plan is missing proper insurance coverage, your dealership should review the details on the image saved to customer profile to ensure the insurance meets your dealership's needs.
Considerations when creating a customer profile via Mobile Check-in, alongside Axle
- Dealerware will prompt the customer to add their insurance information via Mobile Check-in.
- Once the dealership creates a reservation in Dealerware, the customer will be prompted to input their insurance info again during the Axle workflow.
Considerations when creating a customer profile manually, alongside Axle:
- You may choose to skip adding insurance details, as they will be captured during the Axle workflow.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: Can I resend an Axle link to the customer if they have not completed the insurance submission process?
A: No, you must create a new contract and in doing so the customer will receive a new link from Axle where they can submit their insurance information.
Q: Does the Axle insurance verification link expire?
A: The link will remain valid until insurance details are successfully submitted, then it will expire.
Q: Does a customer need to add their insurance details every time a contract is created in Dealerware?
A: Yes. Every time a contract is created in Dealerware, the Axle insurance verification process is triggered. This helps your dealership ensure customer insurance details are kept up to date.
Opt-in to the Axle Integration
Interesting in the Axle integration? Contact Sales@dealerare.com to participate in a demo today!