Unsettled Balances are funds that are owed to the dealership by customers. These funds have not been collected from customers and therefore will not be reimbursed to your dealership until they are successfully charged and settled.
Viewing and Managing Unsettled Balances
How does an Unsettled Balance occur?
- A contract was finished in Dealerware Mobile and the user selected Charge Later to temporarily waive the transaction.
- A contract was finished in Dealerware Web but the associated balance was never charged.
- A customer's credit card declined when attempting to process the balance in Dealerware Web or Mobile.
- An invoice was modified in Dealerware Web but was never settled.
How can I view a complete list of Unsettled Balances and charge an individual balance?
- Loginto my.Dealerware.com
- Select Customers from the main menu
- In Customers, select the Balances filter
- Filter by Unsettled
- After filtering, locate the applicable customer and select the dollar amount from the Balance Due column
- In Customer Details: Contracts, select the balance associated with the contract
- In Billing, select Charge from the Payment Information section to process the total balance, or modify the balance by selecting Add Charge or Credit from the Invoice section
- After modifying the balance, navigate to the Payment Information section and select Charge
We recommend that your dealership reviews and settles all unsettled balances on a daily basis. Watch the video below to view the complete workflow: