Dealerware Reservations lets you unlock rental programs, gain visibility into scheduling, and enhance the customer experience at the dealership by assigning a customer to a Program for a select period of time.
Book a Reservation
- Start with a complete customer profile (incomplete profiles appear in red on iOS and black on Android)
- In Customer Profile, select Create Contract
- In New Reservation, confirm the Pickup, Drop-off date & time, and Service Advisor (select None if one does not apply)
Pickup date and time default to today's date and the nearest 30-minute increment, and drop-off date and time default to 48 hours later)
- If no vehicles are available for the duration of the contract, an overbooking alert will occur. You may overbook as needed or select a new Vehicle Group.
Availability calculations are based on the pickup and drop-off dates of booked reservations, and pending and started contracts.
- Assign the Program
- Select the Vehicle
- Confirm the Fuel Level, Odometer, and Vehicle Notes (or damages if applicable)
- In Reservation Overview, you can + Add Another Driver (if applicable)
- Enter the Repair Order # (optional)
- Enter the Service Vehicle ID (optional)
- Select Send SMS or Sign on this device for the customer to agree of terms and obtain a signature
- After the Contract is Signed, the contract with start
After starting a contract, you can view or manage it in Daily Schedule by selecting Schedule from the main navigation.
Q & A
Q. What happens if I create a reservation, begin the Start-contract workflow at a later date, and observe that there are no available vehicles to choose from during vehicle selection?
A. Vehicles within the chosen Vehicle Group must be available in order to assign a vehicle to a contract.
If a vehicle is not available for selection, you must exit the contract creation workflow and free up a vehicle within the selected Vehicle Group by updating a vehicle's status or completing a contract. Then, resume the contract creation workflow and assign a vehicle.
Alternatively, you may cancel the reservation, create a new one, assign a different Vehicle Group, and then begin the contract creation workflow.
Q. Can I update the Vehicle Group I've assigned to a reservation?
A. You can update the Vehicle Group while on the New Reservation page.
After saving the reservation, you will be unable to modify the Vehicle Group: you must cancel the reservation, book a new one, and assign the applicable Vehicle Group.