Contactless Contracting allows dealerships to submit a link by text message (in the United States) or by email (in Canada) so the customer can confirm the Agreement Summary and sign the Customer Agreement on their personal device.
To create a Contactless Contract:
- Select a completed customer profile
- Create the contract
- Select Save & Assign Vehicle
- Assign a vehicle
- Select Save
- Verify Vehicle Details and document any issues
- Select Continue
To request a customer signature:
- Select Continue via Customer’s Device
- Confirm the phone number (in the United States) or email (in Canada) is correct
- Select Send Text Message (in the United States) or Send Email (in Canada)
- A confirmation message will display. Select Close
If "Message Failed" populates after sending the text message (United States) or email (Canada), update your Dealerware app.
To manage pending signatures:
The contract will state Signature Pending in the contracts tab of Dealerware Mobile until the customer signature is received. By selecting the contract with a signature pending status, you can resend the text message. If you need to make changes to the contract, tap Cancel Contract.
- Refresh the contracts tab until Signature Pending displays Signature Submitted
To receive a customer signature:
The customer will receive a text (in the United States) or email (in Canada) with a link on their personal device. The customer will then complete the following steps:
- Open the link on their device in a web browser
- Toggle on each Agreement Summary
- Sign the contract
- Select Sign Contract
This does not mean the contract is started.
To start a Contactless Contract:
- Select the Signature Submitted contract on the dealerships device
- Select Start Contract
- Select Yes
The customer will receive another text message (in the United States) or email (in Canada) with their signed and started contract.