Contactless Contracting allows a dealership customer to review contract details and sign their Customer Agreement via text (United States) or email (Canada) from their personal device.
To create a Contactless Contract:
- Select a completed customer profile
- Create the contract
- Select Save & Assign Vehicle
- Assign a vehicle
- Select Save
- Verify Vehicle Details and document any issues
- Select Continue
- Confirm the Contract Details are accurate
- Verbally confirm with the customer that a Credit Card Hold will be placed on their card (if applicable)
To request a customer signature:
- Select Continue via Customer’s Device
- Confirm phone number (United States) or email (Canada) is correct
- Select Send Text Message (United States) or Send Email (Canada)
- A confirmation message will display. Select Close
If "Message Failed" populates after sending the text message (United States) or email (Canada), update your Dealerware app.
To manage pending signatures:
The contract will state Signature Pending in the contracts tab of Dealerware Mobile until the customer signature is received. By selecting the contract with a Signature Pending status, you can resend the text message. If you need to make changes to the contract, tap Cancel Contract.
- Refresh the contracts tab until Signature Pending displays Signature Submitted
To receive a customer signature:
A text message (United States) or email (Canada) containing a link will be sent to the customer’s personal device The customer will then complete the following steps:
- Open the link on their device in a web browser
- Toggle on each Agreement Summary
- Sign the contract
- Select Sign Contract
This does not mean the contract has started.
To start a Contactless Contract:
- Select the Signature Submitted contract on the dealerships device
- Select Start Contract
- Select Yes
The customer will receive another text message ( United States) or email (Canada) containing their contract details and signed Agreement.