To create a Contract:
To create a new contract, start from your customer’s complete and up-to-date profile. The profile will appear in red on iOS or black on Android if it’s out of date or missing information.
- Select Create New Contract
- Set the pickup and dropoff date and time
- Enter the Repair Order number (optional)
- Enter the Service Vehicle ID (optional)
- Select the Service Advisor
- Add up to two additional drivers (if applicable)
To assign a customer to a Vehicle:
- Select Save & Assign Vehicle
- Choose from the list of staged vehicles, scan the vehicle QR Code, or search by Vehicle Group, License Plate, Stock, or VIN
- Enter the starting fuel and mileage. If you use Connected Car Services, Dealerware automatically updates fuel and mileage
- Select Save
Before starting the contract, you can update the assigned vehicle by selecting the back button in the top left corner. This will un-assign the current vehicle and allow you to assign a new vehicle. Once the contract has started, you cannot update the vehicle.
- Verify Vehicle Details
- Review the vehicle condition with the customer and document any issues. Issues will appear on the customer’s contract to remove customer liability
- Select Continue
Review Contract Details:
- Confirm the Contract Details are accurate
- Verbally confirm with the customer that a Credit Card Hold will be placed on their card (if applicable)
- Choose whether to start the contract on the dealership device (Continue in Dealerware) or on the customer's personal device for a contactless contracting experience (Continue via Customer's Device)
To start a Contract on the dealership device:
- Select Continue in Dealerware
- Give your customer the device and allow them to toggle through each item on the Agreement Summary
- The customer can select the Agreement tab to review a full version of the contract
- Select Continue
- The customer will sign the contract
- Select Start Contract
Let the customer know they will receive a text (in the United States) or an email (in Canada), with a link to the loaner contract.
To cancel a Contract:
- Navigate to the Contracts section
- Select the contract you wish to cancel
- Select Cancel Contract. A confirmation alert will appear.
- Select OK to cancel the contract, or Cancel to return to the Contracts page
Please note, you can only cancel contracts that have not been started.