If you are experiencing any of the following, your Connected Car Device [CCD] may be unable to connect to Dealerware:
- Unable to view Position in Vehicle Details
- Vehicle not present on Fleet Map in Dashboard
- Vehicle not displaying ✓ under Connected Car? in Vehicles
- Ignition Off and Health Check event types are missing in Event History
The Vehicle is Under Contract
- Dealerware disables the ability to view vehicle position while it is under contract with a customer.
- This restriction can be removed; to learn more, go here.
When a CCD is connected to a vehicle, it detects the VIN number and uses this to automatically integrate with Dealerware.
If the actual vehicle's VIN does not match what was typed into Dealerware, the CCD will not connect.
- Physically check the VIN displayed on the vehicle
- Confirm it matches your entry in Dealerware Web
- If you need to change the VIN, review the steps here
Reinstall with a Different CCD
- Disconnect the original CCD
- Attempt reinstallation with a different CCD by following the best practices here.
- If your dealership is located in a densely populated metro area
- Allow up to 48 hours to connect to the network
- Driving the vehicle can expedite the connection process
If connectivity discrepancies persist, submit a ticket including:
- CCD ESN
- Description of issue